Camp Charis stays unified in its teaching by having all workers adhere to these basic scriptural views. Camp Charis beliefs are shared openly to help you consider your participation at Camp Charis. All children are welcome as campers, regardless of background, teaching, race or economic status. We believe:
- That “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God” by which we understand the whole Bible is inerrant and its teaching and authority are final.
- That the Godhead eternally exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- In the personality and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, begotten of the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, truly God and truly man.
- In the Personality and deity of the Holy Spirit, source and power of true worship and service, who indwells all believers.
- In the unique nature of man as a moral and rational being created in the image of God, after His likeness, as stated in the Word of God; however the whole human race fell into sin in the fall of the first Adam, thereby bringing all men under divine condemnation.
- That the Lord Jesus Christ became the sinner’s substitute and died for the sins of the whole world.
- In the bodily resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, in His ascension into heaven, and in His present life as our High Priest and Advocate.
- That Christ, in the fullness of the blessings He has secured by His death and resurrection, is received by faith alone and that the moment we receive Him we pass from death into everlasting life.
- That the church is composed of all those who truly believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as Savior.
- That all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are called into a life of separation from worldly and sinful practices.
- In the evangelization of the world.
- In the personal return of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.That the souls of those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus Christ for salvation do at death immediately pass into His presence.
- That the souls of the lost remain after death in misery until the final judgment of the great white throne.
- In the reality and personality of Satan.