Camp Charis is conducted almost exclusively by volunteers. Volunteers come from near and far and range in age from 18 to 118! Come join the team!
10 Reasons to Volunteer At Camp Charis
- Enjoy being used by God in the life of many children
- Experience the strength of teamwork
- Spend time with friends from past summers at camp
- Mature in your own spiritual walk with Jesus
- Learn skills and habits that will help you the rest of your lift
- Experience a sense of adventure
- Pass the torch to the next generation
- Help create a facility with skill and excellence for campers
- Get a big picture vision of Camp Charis’s various ministries
- Invest in building and edifying the body of Christ
4 Ways to Volunteer At Camp Charis
Please call ahead so that we can coordinate people and tools with the projects. Lunch will be provided. You may wish to come out on Friday evening and spend the night in one of the wagons. If so, please tell us when you call.
Special event volunteers may help out in the areas of greeting and parking, cooking and serving, checking out purchases, driving the hay ride tractor, manning the bon-fire and more.
During the year we have various facility projects and repairs going on. You may be interested in contacting us if you have skills in construction, roofing, plumbing, PAINTING, or other handy skills.
Summer & Weekend Camps
Workers needed: counselors, activity helpers & leaders, cooks, custodians, lifeguards, teachers, dorm parents, etc.
Workers must be at least age 18 by time of camp and are thoroughly screened before participation.
All positions require some training or orientation prior to camp.
All camp workers reside at camp in staff housing or in the cabins with campers.
You can sign up to work for one or more of our camp sessions.